The Student Word Profile should only be given ONCE a year as part of the annual review, initial evaluation or three year evaluation process as it guides the goals. Currently, there are three top sheets for this Profile:
- Primary Student Word Profile for use in grades 1-2-3
- Elementary Student Word Profile for use in grades 3-6
- Upper Level Student Word Profile for grades 7&8
The results of this profile are evaluated for Mastery, Practice or Direct Teaching of each skill by using the Student Profile Scoring Guide which was the second sheet of the master given to you. Please do NOT remove this from the stapled set of tests you give since you will not have the interpretation handy at the meeting.
In that regard, there is an interpretation of QRI- 5e subject word list performance that is two sheets long and comes right before the examiner word lists in the stapled master. Please do NOT remove this either.
Other things of note:
- Once a student has finished the Road to Reading Inventory, the student should be given the first two units of the Megawords word reading test. Once the student passes the first two units of Megawords, the student should be given the entire Megawords word reading test.
- Once a student has passed the Words Their Way Primary Spelling Inventory with 80% words correct, the student should be given the Words Their Way Elementary Spelling Inventory. Once the student has passed the Words Their Way Elementary Spelling Inventory with 80% words correct, the student should be given the Upper Level Spelling Inventory until that is 80% correct if it still appears as a goal on their IEP.